Major Industry Conference tickets selling fast
TICKETS to Gladstone Engineering Alliance’s 16th annual Major Industry Conference, presented by Aestec Services, are selling fast.
GEA Acting General Manager Chantale Lane said there were limited seats available at the not-to-be-missed October 10 event.
“We are encouraging attendees to not wait until the last minute to purchase their ticket, or they run the risk of missing out on a seat at what is shaping up to be our best conference yet,” she said.
The line-up at this year’s conference includes Adani Australia’s Mining CEO Lucas Dow, Acciona Energy’s Project Manager for the Aldoga Solar Farm, Cairan Dillon, and Gladstone Area Water Board CEO Darren Barlow.
“We have a jam-packed line up of speakers from a range of industries and projects that represent significant investment in the Gladstone Region and beyond,” Ms Lane said.
The conference will run from 8:30am to 4:30pm at the Gladstone Entertainment Convention Centre (GECC), and will be emceed this year by global futurist Dr Keith Suter.
Ms Lane said following the conference, Central Queensland will have an opportunity to recognise and celebrate our highly-skilled supply chain at the annual GEA Gala Dinner & Industry Awards Night.
“The annual gala dinner is a wonderful opportunity for GEA members, and non-members, to come together and celebrate our successes from the year gone,” she said.
“We will be presenting the prestigious GEA Industry Awards, and will be entertained by emcee Darryl Branthwaite, and local band 7 Whales in Moscow.”
The gala dinner follows the GEA conference on October 10 at the GECC, and will run from 6:30-11pm.
Tickets cost $165 per person, and include a three course meal, drinks and the opportunity to network with the who’s who of the CQ industry supply chain.
To purchase tickets to the Major Industry Conference and the Gala Dinner & Industry Awards Night visit gea.asn.au or ring the GEA Office on 07 4972 9060.
2019 Major Industry Conference Full Line Up
- Adani Mining Australia: CEO Lucas Dow – Carmichael Project Update
- Queensland Resources Council: Policy Director - Economics Andrew Barger – Outlook for the industry
- Laing O’Rourke: Project Manager for the Australia-Singapore Military Training Initiative - Shoalwater Bay James Foreman
- Australian Future Energy: CEO Kerry Parker – Gladstone Energy & Ammonia Project
- Acciona Energy: Project Manager for the Aldoga Solar Farm Energy Project Cairan Dillon
- Gladstone Regional Council: General Manager Operations John Tumbers – Council’s upcoming works programs and opportunities
- Gladstone Ports Corporation: Sustainability Specialist Richard Haward – tidal energy demonstration
- Downer Group: Project Director Shoalwater Bay Training Area Remediation Project Stewart Jackson
- Gladstone Area Water Board: CEO Darren Barlow – upcoming major projects at GAWB
- Queensland Energy Resources: General Manager Peter Zambelli – Gladstone New Fuels (Kerogen Shale) Project update
- Shell’s QGC Business: Midstream HSSE Manager Angus Munro - HSSE requirements and expectations for suppliers looking to work with Shell QGC