- PHOTOS FROM THE 2019 MAJOR INDUSTRY CONFERENCE CAN BE VIEWED HERE -
Each October Gladstone Engineering Alliance coordinates a Major Industry Conference to highlight up-coming projects and opportunities for Central Queensland.
The 2019 Major Industry Conference was presented by Aestec Services, and held on October 10 at the Gladstone Entertainment Convention Centre.
Dr Keith Suter, global futurist and media commentator, was the guest speaker, and the line-up of speakers included:
- Adani Mining CEO Lucas Dow speaking on the Carmichael Project
- Gladstone Area Water Board CEO Darren Barlow speaking on GAWB's five year major works program
- Australian Future Energy CEO Kerry Parker speaking on the Gladstone Energy and Ammonia Project
- Shell's QGC Business Midstream HSSE Manager Angus Munro speaking on HSSE requirements and expectations for suppliers looking to work with Shell QGC
- Queensland Resources Council Policy Director - Economics Andrew Barger speaking on the outlook for the industry
- Laing O'Rourke Project Leader James Foreman speaking on the Australia-Singapore Military Training Initiative - Shoalwater Bay
- Queensland Energy Resources General Manager Peter Zambelli speaking on the Gladstone New Fuels (Kerogen Shale) Project
- Acciona Energy Project Developer Cairan Dillon speaking on the Aldoga Solar Farm
- Gladstone Regional Council General Manager Operations John Tumbers speaking on council's up-coming works program
- Gladstone Ports Corporation Sustainability Specialist Richard Haward speaking on GPC's recent Tidal Energy Demonstration
- Downer Group Project Director Stewart Jackson speaking on the Shoalwater Bay Training Area Remediation Project
The 2019 Major Industry Conference Sponsors were:
- Triple M
If you would like to know more on how you can get involved in the 2020 Major Industry Conference, please contact our Events & Communications Manager Carey McIntosh on firstname.lastname@example.org.