- PHOTOS FROM THE 2019 GALA DINNER & INDUSTRY AWARDS NIGHT CAN BE VIEWED HERE -
Each October Gladstone Engineering Alliance coordinates a Gala Dinner & Industry Awards Night to follow the annual Major Industry Conference.
The 2019 Gala Dinner & Industry Awards Night was held on October 10 at the Gladstone Entertainment Convention Centre.
Over 230 guests enjoyed a delicious three course meal, drinks and live entertainment by local-band 7 Whales in Moscow while they celebrated Central Queensland's highly-skilled supply chain with the presentation of the 2019 Industry Awards.
Every August the CQ industry supply chain nominates our superstars for recognition in the annual GEA Industry Awards.
The awards are:
- The Forty Calis Memorial Award: recognises entrepreneurial achievement and innovation from an individual who demonstrates vision and leadership. Founders who are the driving force behind a successful business.
- The Wayne Peachey Memorial Award: recognises the achievements of an individual who has demonstrated exceptional quality in service or product, and embodies the attributes of quality, tenacity and perseverance.
- The Safety Excellence Award: recognises an individual or organisation that puts safety first in their everyday business.
- The Innovator Award: recognises an individual or organisation that has re-imaged or developed a new product or service. Replacing limitations with innovations.
- The Operational Achiever Award: recognises an oeprational staff member within an organisation. Someone who goes above and beyond in the line of duty.
- The GEA Hall of Fame Award: recognises those outstanding individuals or businesses that can be held up as role models for the CQ industry community.
The 2019 GEA Industry Awards winners are:
- Forty Calis Memorial Award: Aestec Services’ Owner and Director Doug Deakin
- Wayne Peachey Memorial Award: Andersons Auto City’s Managing Director Les Anderson
- The Safety Excellence Award: High Risk Solution’s Managing Director David Nunn
- The Innovator Award: Sync Lift Engineering’s Director Brian Lynch
- The Operational Achiever Award: Smit Lamnalco’s SHEQ Officer Brett Marsh
- Hall of Fame Award: Joe Rea
- Hall of Fame Award: Greg Lee
If you would like to know more on how you can get involved in the 2020 Gala Dinner & Industry Awards Night, please contact our Events & Communications Manager Carey McIntosh on firstname.lastname@example.org.