Virtual Industry Update with Alpha HPA
Alpha HPA has carried out a pilot program at its laboratory facility in Brisbane.
The company behind plans for a $308 million high-purity alumina industrial plant in Gladstone has appointed the Brisbane-based KPMG Debt Advisory Team to co-ordinate project financing.
Alpha HPA plans to produce about 10,000tpa of high purity alumina at the HPA First Project, using its own solvent extraction and HPA refining technology.
It says it has been successful in production of a chloride-free gamma-HPA – assaying at 99.997 per cent purity – adding potential revenue to the output, along with alpha HPA and high-purity boehmite products.
The company has also finalised contract negotiations with the Queensland Government for the purchase of a 10ha site within the Gladstone State Development Area, adjacent to the Orica Yarwun site.
Key terms include a refundable $125,000 deposit and $2.5 million payable upon a final investment decision by Alpha HPA.
Alpha HPA has a Memorandum of Understanding with Orica for supply of key process reagents and the offtake of the by-product from the project.
The company said it had also taken additional orders for HPA samples to be sent to a large lithium-ion battery separator manufacturers in China and high-purity boehmite samples to the USA.
“The company is pleased to be making good progress on the project, with a strong focus on the key commercial milestones ahead of a final investment decision,” managing director Rimas Kairaitis said.
If you are a GEA Member please ensure you are logged in to receive the member ticket price.
- Click on the register now button
- Complete your details (Email, Name, Business) if you have a website login - input your email and click look-up button this will automatically pre-fill your details that we have on file
- Click on 'add to cart'
- Select the shopping cart icon in the top right corner
- Check if your item is correct and select checkout
- Select your payment method and check address details are correct
- If paying with credit card you will be asked to input your details, if paying via invoice a Tax Invoice will be emailed for payment within 7 days. If it's a free event, you still need to go through the checkout process so that we can add you to the attendee list.
- Confirm order details and click 'place order'
If you require assistance with purchasing a ticket please contact the GEA Office on 07 4972 9060.