Register your team to the GEA Charity Golf Day 2019
Register your team to the GEA Annual Charity Golf Day 2019
Registrations are now open for the prestigious and well attended GEA Annual Charity Golf Day! It’s a day of fun, excitement, generosity and friendly rivalry. The event will raise much needed funding for the Calliope River Historical Village as well as provide an opportunity to engage in networking with corporate delegates from the region.
The Calliope River Historical Village is an open-air museum on the Old Bruce Highway beside the Calliope River in River Ranch in the Gladstone Region, Queensland. It is operated by the Port Curtis Historical Society. The aim of the Calliope River Historical Village is to capture and preserve for future generations some of the early history of the Port Curtis region. The development and upkeep of the Calliope River Historical Village is the primary need of the Port Curtis Historical Society Inc.
The GEA Charity Golf Day includes a morning of networking at the Gladstone club house, 18 hole golf tournament, lunch and will finish the day with prizes and an official presentation.
Tee off at 8.00am for a 3 person ambrose, with lunch and refreshments provided throughout the 18 holes of golf followed by a prize presentation on completion of the course.
The event will be held on Friday 26 July 2019 at the Gladstone Golf Club. This year the one day Ambrose event is expected to draw a full course of 120 players for a day of 18 hole golf. This event attracts senior executives from local organisations and provides a valuable networking forum, as well as a chance to speak with new businesses and form alliances.
Every player receives a survival kit. There are great prizes to be won (including a competition for the best dressed team), every hole around the course will have activities and each player will be provided with food and beverages.
$170 Members - Please login to your GEA account to receive Member price discount
$200 Non-Member price
Price Includes teams of 3, Green Fees, On-Course lunch and 18 complimentary drink tickets per team (beer, juices and soft drinks).
Additional beverages will be available for purchase from the drink stalls and bar on the course.
- Please click on "REGISTER YOUR TEAM" button below
- Complete your details (Email, Name, Business and Team name) if you have a website login - input your email and click look-up button this will automatically pre-fill your details that we have on file. (If not, just type in your information.)
- Click Add to Cart
- Scroll up of the page and click the your shopping cart link at the top
- Check if your item and price is correct and select checkout
- Select your payment method and check if your details are correct
- If paying with credit card you will be asked to input your details, if paying via invoice a Tax Invoice will be emailed for payment within 7 days.
(Please make sure that the payment has been made one (1) day before the Golf Day for your team to be allowed to play.)
- Confirm Order Details and click place order
* If you require golf buggies, please contact us at GEA since they are limited.
If you require assistance please contact Jason Lalo at the GEA Office at 07 4972 9060 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested to become a sponsor, view the Sponsorship Prospectus by downloading it here: DOWNLOAD FILE HERE
or call Jason Lalo at 07 4972 9060 or email email@example.com
Registration & Tee off
- Registrations open at 7:00am, briefing/welcome from 7.30am and tee-off is at 8:00am. Team Captains are to register their teams at the marked area beside the Golf Course Clubhouse.
- Please make sure you and your team have correctly registered and are at the allocated hole ready for tee-off at 8:00am. It is a shotgun start and all teams of players will tee off simultaneously from different holes.
NOTE: Teams are paired during registration and allocated a hole to start from. If you have a specific team that you wish to play with on the day, please register together.
Unfortunately all of the buggies for the Golf Day have now been booked. Teams are welcome to bring their own buggies to the event if they have them.
If your team has booked a buggy:
- Team captain to pick up buggies from the Pro Shop at the Golf Course between 7am – 8am. Please show your ID during pick up.
- Please leave the keys in the buggies after you’ve finished your 18 hole competition.
- Team buggies may be decorated but please do not use any sticky labels. Please be aware that you are responsible for any damage caused to the buggies.
- At Registrations teams will receive a pack that contains complimentary drinks tickets, a meal ticket for lunch, scorecard, rules and a pencil.
- Upon registration a BOC survival kit cooler bag will be handed to the team captain for each of the players containing merchandise from our sponsors and a Water bottled from AusGroup.
- Lunch – will be supplied by the Gladstone Golf Club next to the Golf Course Clubhouse between 11.30am and 2pm. You will need to present your meal ticket which you get from your captain. We recommend ordering food 20 minutes in advance when you are near the clubhouse.
- Drinks – The golf club will have a ute driving around the course to distribute beverages. Exchange your drink vouchers to receive drinks and when your vouchers ran out, further drinks can be purchased. It takes 20 minutes for the ute to complete its round, plan your drinks in advance so you will never run out.
1 drink stub = beer, softdrinks, Gatorade, water and MJ coffee each; 2 drink stubs = UDL and other spirits each.
Prizes and Raffles
- Flag ‘em Down! Again this year, there will be prizes handed out for the teams with the most creative way of flagging down the drink’s ute. Some ideas could be making a flag to wave them down or having sirens it’s really up to your team’s creativity.
· Raffle There will be raffle items on the day to support the Calliope Historical Village.
· Outfit on Par. Please be wearing your most dapper, lame, hideous or otherwise outrageous outfit as a TEAM to receive a special prize for the day.
· Please have CASH on the day. There is an atm at the club, but you will need cash for additional drinks, raffle tickets and extra meals.
If you have any questions about the team information or how the day runs, don’t hesitate to contact me.
We are looking forward to seeing your team at this year’s event for another fantastic day of golf.
The aim of the Port Curtis Historical Society Inc. through the Calliope River Historical Village is to capture and preserve for future generations some of the early history of the Port Curtis region. The development and upkeep of the Calliope River Historical Village is the primary need of the Port Curtis Historical Society Inc.
To learn more about the Calliope River Historical Village, please visit their website at: