Industry Update with the Energy Estate Team
Last month Rodds Bay Solar Farm achieved a significant milestone by issuing the Notice To Proceed (NTP) under its connection agreement with Powerlink Queensland.
Rodds Bay is a 300MWdc project developed by Renew Estate, and will be one of Australia's largest solar projects.
It will connect to a strong part of Queensland's 275kV transmission network south of Gladstone between Bororen and Rodds Bay.
Rodds Bay has been granted planning approval from Gladstone Regional Council, including approval to develop a 82MW / 164MWh battery on site.
The project has passed the required tests relating to system strength and generator performance standards, and signed a connection agreement with Powerlink in January.
Construction is scheduled to commence by Q3/Q4 2020, making this one of the most advanced solar developments in Queensland that can now be accelerated into construction.
Renew Estate is a joint venture between Wirsol (part of the WIRCON Group), Energy Estate and Beast Solutions. Renew Estate successfully developed the 120MWdc Bomen Solar Farm in NSW which was acquired by Spark Infrastructure in 2019. The Bomen Solar Farm has recently completed construction and is close to commencing commercial operations.
If you are a GEA Member please ensure you are logged in to receive the member ticket price.
- Click on the register now button
- Complete your details (Email, Name, Business) if you have a website login - input your email and click look-up button this will automatically pre-fill your details that we have on file
- Click on 'add to cart'
- Select the shopping cart icon in the top right corner
- Check if your item is correct and select checkout
- Select your payment method and check address details are correct
- If paying with credit card you will be asked to input your details, if paying via invoice a Tax Invoice will be emailed for payment within 7 days. If it's a free event, you still need to go through the checkout process so that we can add you to the attendee list.
- Confirm order details and click 'place order'
If you require assistance with purchasing a ticket please contact the GEA Office on 07 4972 9060.