Industry Update Breakfast with the QAL Team
WHAT: An update from the QAL Team on their 5 Year Environmental Improvement Program
WHEN: February 11, 2020
TIME: 7:00 - 9:30am
WHERE: Yaralla Sports Club
PRICE: $55 for GEA Members and $75 for non-members
INCLUDED: A sit-down breakfast and tea/ coffee
5 Year Environmental Improvement Program
In August 2018 Queensland Alumina Limited (QAL) committed to a 5 Year Environmental Improvement Program to ensure they improve their environmental performance.
This program, and associated implementation plan, includes a portfolio of projects that have been prioritised with regard to environmental benefit, focusing on both fundamental operational changes as well as cultural change.
The improvement program is made up of both capital expenditure and culture change projects.
Investment of between A$130-260M over the next five years to reduce short and long-term environmental risks and improve performance in the areas of:
- Air quality (dust and alkali)
QAL recognises that the culture of an organisation is a significant factor impacting the environmental performance of a business. QAL is redefining the way their employees look at our environmental risk by:
- Adopting a process safety management system that will identify critical controls for major hazards, which are very closely associated with environmental issues, and
- Empowering all their employees and contractors to have due and proper consideration of environmental obligations an risk in their everyday tasks.
View the Enivornmental Improvement Program Summary Fact Sheet here.
If you are a GEA Member please ensure you are logged in to receive the member ticket price.
- Click on the register now button
- Complete your details (Email, Name, Business) if you have a website login - input your email and click look-up button this will automatically pre-fill your details that we have on file
- Click on 'add to cart'
- Select the shopping cart icon in the top right corner
- Check your item is correct and select checkout
- Select your payment method and check address details are correct
- If paying with credit card you will be asked to input your details, if paying via invoice a Tax Invoice will be emailed for payment within 7 days. If it's a free event, you still need to go through the checkout process so that we can add you to the attendee list.
- Confirm order details and click 'place order'
If you require assistance with purchasing a ticket please contact the GEA Office on 07 4972 9060.