Industry Update Breakfast with Goldwind Australia
The Clarke Creek Wind and Solar Farm project is located 150 km north west of Rockhampton and 150km south of Mackay in the Isaac Shire and Livingstone Shire areas.
The project has received necessary State and Federal Government approvals to develop:
- up to 195 wind turbines with a power output over 800 MW,
- between 200 MW and 400 MW of solar power, and
- battery energy storage.
The project is currently in the feasibility phase. Lacour Energy and Goldwind are actively working on technical, environmental, social and economic aspects of the project, and aim to start road upgrade work, followed by full wind farm construction, in the first half of 2020.
The total project investment is anticipated to be approximately $1.5 billion. Once operational the project will power approximately 590,000 Queensland homes.
The Banana Range Wind Farm project is located approximately 120km south-west of Gladstone and 20 km west of the town of Biloela in Central Queensland.
The project is also currently in the feasibility phase, and when constructed it will comprise up to 50 wind turbines with a power output of of approximately 180 MW. The project could potentially include large-scale battery energy storage as well.
The project is located on the Banana Range in an area of strong wind resources with an existing high voltage (132kV) transmission line running through the project site. The winds at the site are much stronger during the night and thus the energy produced from the project would be a good match to daytime solar energy produced from rooftop solar or large solar farms. The close proximity of the powerline means that the project can be built very economically compared to other locations.
WHAT: An update from the team from Goldwind Australia on the Clarke Creek Wind & Solar Farm and the Banana Range Wind Farm projects.
WHEN: March 19, 2020
TIME: 7:00 - 9:30am
WHERE: Yaralla Sports Club
PRICE: $55 for GEA Members and $75 for non-members
INCLUDED: A sit-down breakfast and tea/coffee
This Industry Update Breakfast is sponsored by SRG Global.
*Please note ticket payment is required at least three business days prior to all events. Any tickets cancelled within three business days of any GEA events will not be refunded.
If you are a GEA Member please ensure you are logged in to receive the member ticket price.
- Click on the register now button
- Complete your details (Email, Name, Business) if you have a website login - input your email and click look-up button this will automatically pre-fill your details that we have on file
- Click on 'add to cart'
- Select the shopping cart icon in the top right corner
- Check if your item is correct and select checkout
- Select your payment method and check address details are correct
- If paying with credit card you will be asked to input your details, if paying via invoice a Tax Invoice will be emailed for payment within 7 days. If it's a free event, you still need to go through the checkout process so that we can add you to the attendee list.
- Confirm order details and click 'place order'
If you require assistance with purchasing a ticket please contact the GEA Office on 07 4972 9060.