Gladstone Engineering Alliance 2019 AGM
Due to no quorum at our November 5 Annual General Meeting, the GEA Board has scheduled an adjourned AGM for November 21, 2019.
The adjourned AGM will take place at GEA’s Office (4/69 Goondoon Street), and will commence at 5:30pm sharp.
The adjourned AGM will also include the selection of two (2) new GEA Board members to fill two (2) current vacant board positions from the previously advertised 12 nominees (see below).
Members are urged to please vote by either attending the November 21 meeting in person, or via proxy, as the positions will be finalised on November 21.
All ballot and proxy votes cast by attendees at the November 5 AGM are still valid, having been witnessed and then sealed in a stamped envelope by a presiding Justice of the Peace, and will carry over to the adjourned AGM on November 21.
At the adjourned meeting the GEA Board also propose a Special Resolution be voted on to amend a typographical error in the current GEA Constitution.
Rule 16(1) of the constitution states:
If a casual vacancy occurs on the board, the continuing members of the board may appoint another member of the Association who satisfies the criteria in Rule 13(2) to fill the vacancy until the next annual general meeting. A member appointed as a casual vacancy is not counted in the number of members who must stand down at the next annual general meeting as required by Rule 13(4).
Rule 13(4) does not exist, and it is the GEA Board’s understanding that Rule 13(4) was part of the old, and now redundant, constitution. As Rule 13(4) has been removed in the current constitution we should also remove the reference to the rule to ensure Rule 16(1) is correct. This will ensure that the Rule is read as intended and prevent future confusion.
The GEA President will move that Rule 16(1) of the constitution be amended to state:
If a casual vacancy occurs on the board, the continuing members of the board may appoint another member of the Association who satisfies the criteria in Rule 13(2) to fill the vacancy until the next annual general meeting. A member appointed as a casual vacancy is not counted in the number of members who must stand down at the next annual general meeting.
For more information please contact the GEA Office directly on 4972 9060.
The following nominations have been received for the currently two vacant position on the GEA Board.
- Mark Cachia - Gladstone Airport Corporation (nominated by Jason Davey from JMS Group Australia and Matthew McDonald from Northgroup Consulting)
- Bob Cox - Achieve Group (nominated by Graham Benson from McCosker and Richard Hyne from Avis Gladstone)
- Anton Guinea - The Guinea Group (nominated by Doug Deakin from Aestec Services and Mark Spearing from LJ Hooker Gladstone)
- Darren Humphrey - D&S Supplies (nominated by Natalie Peterson from Evolve HR Solutions and Andrew Miller from JFP)
- Pauline Kelly – Welcon Technologies (nominated by Angelo Paolatto from Engage and Peter Croskerry from TDDA Gladstone)
- Sid Knell - Central Apartment Group (nominated by Alan Kent from Busy at Work and Marilyn Steel from Shell's QGC Business)
- John LaFave - FITT Resources (nominated by Anthony Buenen from Gladstone Drafting and Janelle Long from Onsite Rentals)
- Brett Marsh - Smith Lamnalco (nominated by Robert Mitchell from Pronto Autoglass and Peter Shepherd from CPA Group)
- Jeanette Matslofva - Upton Engineering (nomianted by Ken Corfield from Corfield's Electrical and Graham Benson from McCosker)
- Matthew McDonald - NorthGroup Consulting (nominated by Peter Shepherd from CPA Group and Col Kennedy from Lee Crane Hire)
- Paul Van Meteren - CQ First Aid (nominated by Nigel Clements from QER and Bob Cox from Achieve)
- Alan Watkin - Global Manufacturing Group CQ (nominated by Peter Shepherd from CPA Group and Jason Davey from JMS Group Australia)
- Click on the register now button
- Complete your details (Email, Name, Business) if you have a website login - input your email and click look-up button this will automatically pre-fill your details that we have on file
- Click on 'add to cart'
- Select the shopping cart icon in the top right corner
- Check your item is correct and select checkout
- Select your payment method and check address details are correct
- If paying with credit card you will be asked to input your details, if paying via invoice a Tax Invoice will be emailed for payment within 7 days. If it's a free event, you still need to go through the checkout process so that we can add you to the attendee list.
- Confirm order details and click 'place order'
If you require assistance with purchasing a ticket please contact the GEA Office on 07 4972 9060.