GEA Major Industry Conference – October 12, 2017.
Tickets are now available for the 2017 Gladstone Engineering Alliance (GEA) Major Industry Conference to be held on Thursday, October 12.
The GEA Major Industry Conference is highly regarded in the region as the key forum for current and future work opportunities with 2017 marking the 14th year of this significant industry event. In recognition of this milestone and in understanding the current needs of the market in line with the economy, GEA has continued to expand the conference scope.
Now that Gladstone has moved significantly into LNG production and export, and as existing industry in the Region continues to evolve in the ways they operate, the 2017 event will reflect a ‘broader’ view of opportunities, will identify some up and coming ‘breakthrough’ projects, explore diversification for the Region and will place the onus back on the supply chain to think strategically, innovatively and the ‘big picture’.
Speakers at the conference represent the region’s major industries, infrastructure providers and planners and leaders in the mineral processing and mining industry. The conference provides a forum for these proponents to showcase their project quantum, timeline and contacts.
With over $500M+ projects and tenders available, come and hear from industry professionals, CEOs and managers like Moreton Resources CEO Jason Elks (South Burnett Coal Project), Carbine Resources Managing Director Tony James (Mt Morgan Gold and Copper Project), Adani General Manager of Corporate Affairs and Business Development Muthuraj Guruswamy (Carmichael Coal Mine and Rail Project), Idemitsu Common Category Manager Adam Dickens (Ensham Resources), Gladstone Ports Corporation CEO Peter O’Sullivan (East Shores Stage 1B Project), Gladstone Foundation Chair Tim Griffin with CQU Associate Professor Owen Nevin (Community Health Precinct Project), Gladstone Area Water Board chief operating officer John Tumbers ($35M worth of projects), Queensland Resources Council Chief Executive Ian Macfarlane, and special guest speaker and MC for the day, influential futurist and media commentator Dr Keith Suter.
GEA is pleased to again be working with Principal Sponsors, MIPEC to present the conference.
GEA Major Industry Conference program:
- 7.30am – 8.30am: Delegate registration
- 8.30am – 8.45am: Opening address – GEA CEO Carli Homann
- 8.45am – 9.15am: Dr Keith Suter
- 9.15am – 9.45am: Gladstone Area Water Board chief operating officer John Tumbers ($35M in projects)
- 9.45am – 10.15am: Carbine Resources Managing Director Tony James (Mt Morgan Gold and Copper Project)
- 10.15am - 10.45am: Morning Tea
- 10.45am – 11.15am: Idemitsu Common Category Manager Adam Dickens (Ensham Resources)
- 11.15am – 11.45am: Gladstone Foundation Chair Tim Griffin with CQU Associate Professor Owen Nevin (Community Health Precinct Project)
- 11.45am – 12.15pm: GPC CEO Peter O’Sullivan (East Shores Stage 1B Project)
- 12.15pm – 12.45pm: Adani GM of Corp Affairs and Business Development Muthuraj Guruswamy
- 12.45pm – 1.30pm: Lunch
- 1.30pm – 2pm: QRC Chief Executive Ian Macfarlane
- 2pm – 2.30pm: Moreton Resources CEO Jason Elks (South Burnett Coal Project)
- 2.30pm – 3pm: Closing address by Carli Homann
To complement the day and to celebrate industry and business in Central Queensland, don't forget to also purchase your tickets to the GEA Gala Dinner and Industry Awards night held on the evening of the conference. Make the decision now to book your seat to hear the latest opportunities from all of the major industry players in Central Queensland.
Ticket price (non members): $750.
Ticket price (GEA members): $550.