* EOIs EXTENDED UNTIL APRIL 30 *
Small to medium enterprises in Central Queensland wanting to take their business to the next level have the chance to do so thanks to a fully-funded accelerator progam, Boost Your Business, delivered by Gladstone Engineering Alliance in partnership with METS Ignited and the Queensland Government.
GEA Project Coordinator Charmaine Bennet said the program, launched today (March 11, 2020), was an incredible opportunity for GEA to ensure growth and the long-term sustainability of CQ's METS (Mining Equipment, Technology and Services) sector.
"This program will see local SMEs and METS scale-ups build their capabilities so they can remain competitive and expand their market," she said.
"Participants will receive the mentoring and assistance they require to take their product or service to the next level and revolutionise the mining industry.
"GEA is thrilled to be able to facilitate this program for METS Ignited and the Queensland Government, and can't wait to see local ideas guided into robust and sustainable businesses."
Boost Your Business offers up to 12 SME or scale-up participants the opportunity to take part in six business strategy workshops as part of the 12-week program.
Minister for State Development, Manufacturing, Infrastructure and Planning Cameron Dick said the event would help local SMEs maximise the potential of METS.
"Our METS sector employs about 20,000 Queenslanders. It's a vital job-creator for our state," Mr Dick said.
"Regional accelerators like this are key to achieving our plan to create a 3000 new METS jobs by 2028."
The workshops start in May, and will cover a range of topics, including risk analysis and management, strategic growth and capacity planning, and human resource management.
To be eligible participants should:
- Be registered businesses that operate and employ in the Gladstone/ CQ Region, or are about to;
- Supply products or service into the mining, energy and resources sectors in Queensland, or have substantive plans to do so; and,
- Be available to participate in the entire program.
Expression of Interest application forms can be downloaded from here, and must be submitted by 2pm on April 30.
METS Ignited is part of the Australian Government's Industry Growth Centre Initiative from the Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources.
- Business Strategy Session - a full day introduction to the program
- Review desired outcomes from the program to identify initial goals and projects
- Entrepreneurial mindset of a business owner, leadership skills and attributes, key strategies for business success
- Utilise the business model canvas to establish a template to create a Business Plan that can be developed throughout the program
- Provide detailed explanation of all 9 Building Blocks of Business
- Assist candidates to begin preparation of your their own Business Plan
- Workshop 1 - Marketing and Branding (half day)
- Workshop 2 - Risk Analysis and Management (half day)
- Workshop 3 - Human Resource Management (half day)
- Workshop 4 - Strategic Growth and Capacity Planning (half day)
- Workshop 5 - Financial Management (half day)
- Final Workshop - Business Plan and Actions (half day)